Mobile devices and mobile media have become consumers' social, professional, and research lifelines. We’ve rounded up 10 facts that reinforce why it’s important for your business to have a presence on mobile.
- By 2015, 81% of U.S. cell users will have smartphones
- 91% of adults have their mobile phone within arms reach 24/7
- 99% of smartphone owners use their mobile browser at least once a day
- 82% of mobile media time is from apps, but 22% of apps are used just one time
- Adults spend more time on mobile media than newspapers and magazines combined
- 1 in every 3 new Facebook page "Likes" occurs via mobile
- 91% of local searchers use Facebook to find local businesses online
- American spend 2.7 hours per day socializing on their mobile phones – more than twice the time they spend eating
- 95% of mobile users use their devices for local search
- 77% of smartphone users contacted a business after searching for local information (61% called and 59% visited in person), 44% purchased
It’s clear why every small business needs to consider the growth of mobile in their marketing. Doing so will ensure both existing and new customers find your business before and more often than your competition.
Be sure to keep your social media pages, website, and listings on online review sites profiles up to date so that when customers call or visit in-person as a result of their local search, they dial the correct phone number or head to the correct address.
Also, since consumers spend more time in apps than browsing, it's important that your business is included in smartphone applications that consumers use everyday like Belly, OpenTable, and Etsy. In Belly's award-winning app, Members can quickly access relevant business information of every merchant within the network (unique rewards, address, phone number) and links to their website, Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp accounts. Plus, existing customers can instantly view how many points they've earned at each business, and potential customers can search and discover new businesses in their area via the Belly Map.